Monday 20 October 2008

I See A Book

One of the latest Portico titles out is I See Modern Britain, a sharp and very funny take on those old spotter's guides that used to punctuate long motorway journeys with fruitless searches for war memorials (or maybe that was just me). If I was more tech minded, you'd be able to watch the book's jolly nice advert. As it is, you'll have to make do with clicking through to You Tube.

As part of the promotion of the book, we've been engaging in a bit of what is known as book crossing: letting various copies of the book out into the wild (or at the least the public transport systems of London and Edinburgh). My own contribution to this was rather mixed. Having casually left a copy on the tube seat next to me, a helpful member of the public ran after me to tell me I'd forgotten my book. Oh well -- I hope other people have had better luck in letting them loose. If you find one, let me know.

1 comment:

Daus Luid said...

The only exception to this rule is if you are playing for fun and could care less if you lose. There are a variety of betting system they use in this game.
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
rajawaliqq
hobiqq
paito warna
http://192.254.236.33/asikqq78/
data hk